Preschool – 3 years to 4 years
Even for three year olds, an entire day of structured programming can be overwhelming. The Nest’s preschool room is designed to be a nurturing environment, one that they will be able to relax and feel at home in. Play and pretending are emphasized and encouraged. We will help guide them as they grow as individuals, developing their social skills and increasing their curiosity for learning.
Program goals and activities:
- Arts and crafts
- Weekly themes
- Reading and singing daily
- Circle time – weather and calendar
- Show and tell
- Working together in small groups
- Working independently
- Letter and number recognition
- Fine motor skills – writing and cutting
- Open ended projects
- Strengthening self-help skills
- Outside play – large motor activities
While preschoolers are quickly becoming little adults and are ready to tackle their independence, we still strive to instill social skills and develop a positive self-image. We know they are ready to learn about our world and the environment around us.